Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Paso Las Horas Vaciando Botellas...¿Y Que?

Sometimes, the only answer is alcohol. And by sometimes, I mean most times. But some people (i.e. mi jefa) frown upon drinking while on the job.

So, I guess I'll just dream about 6pm and the never-ending supply of tequila I keep on hand in my car. You think I'm kidding. But I wouldn't be LA Naca if I didn't keep a business going out of my car's trunk.

What business could I possibly be running, you ask? Am I selling chafa G'n'R t-shirts? Pirata DVDs and CDs? Plastic jackets? No. My business is called La Cajuela Cantina. I think that answers any and all questions.

My business is small, but it's been around for years. You have two options: chelas o palomas.

Chelas available are usually either Negra Modelo, Pacifico, Tecate or Corona. Those are the only ones I drink, so those are the only ones I supply. No tomo milerlái ni bóguaiser, so don't ask.

Then there's the other drink of choice.

The paloma.

La bebida de los dioses.

I'm thoroughly convinced it was created by my ancestors, los Chichimecas, the original nacos.

If you look it up online, gabachos will claim this is the recipe:
  • Ice
  • 2 ounces blanco or silver tequila
  • 3 ounces freshly squeezed white grapefruit juice
  • 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1/2 ounce agave nectar
  • Sea salt, to rim the glass
  • 1 lime wheel, for garnish
  • Club soda
No mames! That's too much crap to stock up on at home, let alone carry around in the trunk of your car.

Here's what you really need:
  • 1 1.75-litro bottle of Corralejo Tequila Reposado (also known as my Big Blue Bottle)
  • 1 bag of ice
  • a sleeve of red dixie cups
  • 1 or 2 2-litros of Escuert
Optional if you have them readily available:
  • un chingo de limones
  • una navaja pa' cortar los limones
Final product looks like this (ignore the cheap crap surrounding it):

(Photo courtesy of Google Image Search as my own palomas pictures are surprisingly blurry.)

If that doesn't make you wish for Happy Hour to come sooner, you're dead on the inside.

Feliz Día de Joroba!

Hasta mañana.

2 comments:

  1. Can you take the first line of your post, embroider and frame it up for me? If that's not a Naco LAndia wall-hanging, I just don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider it done. Feliz navidad!

    ReplyDelete