Friday, December 11, 2009

Fashion Fridays, V

Desde el cielo, una hermosa mañana....

Damas y Caballeros: I present to you the newest installment of Fashion Friday!  I've had some great Fridays with you, but if I do say so myself, this one is heaven-sent.

Today's blog is dedicated to my homegirl, La Virgen de Guadalupe.

For those of you that aren't down with fechas importantes de la iglesia católica y paisa, let me tell you, tomorrow's her day.  Approximately, 18 billion nacos, fresas, paisas, chicanos, pochos, burros, gueyes, gabachos and indios (and tourists, I suppose) will crowd the streets of DF to celebrate misa at her Basilica.

In my town, everday is Lupita Day.

I'm not saying I'm Juan Diego and I'm about to throw down a mantilla full of roses--I live in NacoLAndia, not Tepeyac--but she has been known to make apparitions to me in the oddest of places.

Sometimes, she appears on my air freshener...


She ALWAYS can be found on my windowsill...


But sometimes, she really surprises me by showing up in LA Seño's refri...





Or on LA Abogada's couch...




When I was in the greatest country in the world this past summer, LA Seño and I went into the local Comercial Mexicana and found Lupita working for Scribe notebooks, which was exactly my reason for shopping there in the first place.  Talk about divinity!

Take a look at these badass cuadernos!


 

 


 




I bought other ones, too, but they disappeared.  To me, that just means she'll appear again somewhere unexpected, like my hubcaps.

But to really tie in with today's theme, let me show you what I found staring back at me when I walked into a Morrissey concert not too long ago.


Given my surroundings, she could have shown up to thousands of other paisas, but I feel special because she showed up to me.

Reina de los nacos, ruega por nosotros.

Hasta mañana.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Friday was sooooooooooooooooooooooo last week. Yet here we are TUESDAY!!!! and still no new blog post.

    Y pa'cabarla de chingar you say I'm the one who takes long!

    ReplyDelete