Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yo Te Vi Llorando

Boys Don't Cry. Tengo Ganas de Llorar. The Tracks of My Tears. Llorarás. The Crying Game. Lagrimas Negras. Cry, Cry, Cry. Llorar, Llorar, Llorar.

8 different music genres with one thing in common: Crying.  We've been crying since the moment we're born.  Even us nacos.

In fact, usually, there's something wrong with you if you're not crying at birth.

So, bust out the Puffs Plus with Aloe because today's post is all about chillando.

LA Naca comes from a long line of chillones.  LA Seño, por ejemplo, is uncontrollable when watching Destilando Amor or Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.  My abuelito was a regular weeper, even more than my abuelita who always had kleenex up her sweater sleeve, por si acaso.  They usually turned on the waterworks when reminiscing about the olden days, not about novelas and home improvement shows, como mi vieja.  I, on the other hand, cry about my abuelitos, que en paz descansen.  Pero eso es de luto.  It's totally acceptable.

I pretty much never cry at non-real moments, like TV shows or movies. That being said, I'm not embarrassed that a good jam can get me teary-eyed, too.  It's true.  Y ni se habla de las lágrimas que corren si ando peda escuchando a José Alfredo Jiménez cantar Camino de Guanajuato.  I'm such a little bitch!  You might as well call me LA Llorona.

Anyguey, here are my two hands-down absolutely most favorite cover songs about crying to cry along to ever. Enjoy!

Up first is Rebekah del Rio doing a cover of Roy Orbison's Crying as seen in the film Mulholland Drive



Did that give you goosebumps?  If it didn't you're dead on the inside. Also, I love her Sad Girl teardrop tat.

Up next is the most beautiful naco ever, Gael García Bernal, doing his cover of Cheap Trick's I Want You To Want Me as seen in the film Rudo y Cursi.



Sweet Chucho, he's pretty. Without exaggerating, I've seen this video about 45 times and I never tire of it.

Hasta mañana.

1 comment: