Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Peda Por Dios

I don't think I am an alcoholic.

Stop laughing.  I'm not.

I've been a little MIA based on my inability to form coherent sentences when I'm 6 palomas in every night.  I've been neglecting you, sole reader of said blog.  I'm sorry.  Here's where I make it up to you.  I've decided to sober up and give you what you've been wanting: a pinche post.

Coincidentally, my excuse for not posting is actually the same as my topic.

I have been nothing but puro pinche pari since Lupita Day.  Since the 12th, there's been nine posadas, Nochebuena, Navidad, day after Christmas shopping, Año Nuevo dress shopping, Día de los Inocentes,  holiday hookups, misa goings, tamales making, and most importantly, tamales eating.  I'm swamped!

Why do I force myself to do so much? Because of God.  Nacos in the motherland prove their faithfulness to the cross and to the bottle by celebrating what is known as the Guadalupe-Reyes Marathon.   According to wiki, it's been around since the 1990s.  I don't remember that being the case, but I also don't remember a time before I started drinking.  Anyguey...the chosen ones spend 26 days celebrating Jesus y familia starting on el Día de la Virgen de Guadalupe and ending on el Día de los Santo Reyes.

You might think it's really fun, but it's actually a difficult task!  So far, I've gone through another bottle of Corralejo, who knows how many litros de escuert and un chingo de limones.  I've also lost the following: 4 days of work, an offensive amount of lana, use of my liver and my morals.  Plus, I've still got about a week and half to go!

It's tough being this devout and this naca, but with great power comes great responsibility.

Hasta mañana.

1 comment: